I consolidated the stories about Fred.

HILL BLOCKS VIEW IS DEAD.

...long live, Hill Blocks View. I miss writing. But the thought of one more round of "welcome backs", or obsessing over stats, or thinking of the clever response to a comment, or the obligation to read everyone else's blog... not so much. So I'll try and write. No pressure. If you feel the need to respond, you can email me. I like email. flipaul@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Direct Buy For Gangstas.

I think the key to making money, is to take what you can grab. One time I was in a seedy part of town. Never mind what I was doing in a seedy part of town. OK, my insurance doesn't cover the Botox injections I need to make my abs look all chiseled. But Dr. Nick runs a thriving black market plastic surgery practice out of the back of P-Dizzles Pawn Shop. Anyway, as I was leaving I noticed that there were several gangstas perusing the weaponry. They were voicing their displeasure with the lack of selection. I thought, somebody could make some money supplying those young ruffians with the supplies they require.


   They had ill gotten gains and I had a desire to take some of it from them. I would copy Direct Buy's business model. I would collect fees from the ne'er do wells, and then they would be entitled to purchase quality merchandise at discount prices. I would be a one stop shop for gangstas. I stopped several young gentlemen tagging a building, and got some ideas of what the ultimate villainous shopping experience would include.


   I bought an old warehouse and filled it with guns, drugs and other things that gangstas like. Gold chains, Scarface posters, rims, gold trim for subcompact cars, gold teeth... lots of gold things, gangstas like gold. I printed up business cards and invoices. I started getting the word out about the grand opening. All I needed now was some gang-bangers to buy memberships and I would be well on my way to a business empire. And that's when the fatal flaw in my plan presented itself. Rather than pay their dues and join my shopping club, the gangstas simply took all of my product. Dammit! If you can't trust thugs, who can you trust?